Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Mitsubishi M R8010 Receiver, Left channel has no output sound

When an amplifier or receiver has an output problem. (no sound from either of the channels) It's usually bad output transistors in the amplifier section. But before you just assumed that, you need to make sure the problem is not in the preamp section of the unit. Lucky for me this particular receiver had the jumpers between the preamp and Amplifier, so it was easy to check the two sections.
Output of the preamp section was good on both channels. So this means the problem is in the amplifier section. Possible output transistors. All output transistors and the surround sound power module was good. This particular unit had an STK3122II Audio Power amplifier IC that feeds the left and right output transistors.

I removed and tested it. I found that the left side was defective. Replaced it and problem was solved.  




2 comments:

Unknown said...

This fixed my stereo. You rock!

Cod Fish said...

Do you happen to have a more detailed image of the right side of the amplifier board? I have a couple blown up resistors and I can't read the color codes to replace them